We've gone a little Ape-here at M&Em's Sweetspot. DON'T FEED THE ANIMALS!

CLICK ON A TAB BELOW TO SEE MY OTHER BLOGS



Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sewing Pioneer Wear

Little House on the Prairie Garb...

Aurora was invited to a Little House Birthday party, so my sewing skills needed to be dusted off and employed in Prairie Wear! I found an awesome blog: Buns and Baskets www.howtodresslikeapioneer.blogspot.com

It had a great tutorial on bonnets. So a sewing I did go... Gracie's bonnet brim is larger than Aurora's. We had a little more fabric left over from her skirt than from Aurora's; so it's closer to the pattern. I used a yard of fabric for both the skirt and bonnet but would have liked about a half more for the bonnet ties to be completed correctly, we improvised with satin ribbon covered with the little left over fabric on the ends to prevent fraying. All in all it was a fun project and I think I could do it again a lot faster. I'm thinking perhaps for Halloween we'll all be the Ingalls Family. We have a Charles (Matt), Caroline (Me), Mary (Aurora), Laura (Gracie), and Baby Keri (Ehlana). Could be cute!

102_2851 102_2846 102_2847 102_2850

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I was looking at my google stats and saw your blog here! Your projects and girls are adorable! I'm so glad it did all work out for you! Emily (Buns and Baskets)

    ReplyDelete